Firebird Project is glad to announce Firebird 2013 Tour – series of seminars around the world, devoted to Firebird, with members of Firebird Project as speakers.
The first seminar will be in Siegburg (North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany), November 22, 2013.
Firebird 2013 Tour will be devoted to all aspects of transactions, from the basic idea, to the internal implementation, best practices and guidance how to effectively use transactions in the applications, and, of course, performance analysis of transactions and related areas.
List of topics to be covered:
- Transactions from the beginning: isolation levels and specific Firebird parameters (no_rec_version, table locking, read/write, wait/nowait), examples of their usage
- How to use effectively isolation levels and parameters in multi-user applications, typical errors in transactions management
- Internal implementation of transactions in Firebird, including versioning, locking and multi-generation mechanism
- Garbage, sweep, auto-sweep: what are they and how to make them work for you and not against you
- Effective management of transactions in various development tools (Delphi, Java, .NET, etc)
- Transactions monitoring: transaction markers, MON$ tables, Trace API, third-party tools, how to find bottlenecks in transaction management and optimize database performance with monitoring
- Best practices of transaction management, special approaches to optimize transaction in closed sourced applications.
- Overview of Firebird 3.0 features
The detailed schedule of talks will be published later.
Organizer and general sponsor of Firebird 2013 Tour is IBSurgeon Ltd (www.ib-aid.com).
Seminar will take place in http://www.kranzparkhotel.de/
, Siegburg, Germany, November 22, 2013, from 09-00 to 18-00. It’s ~1hour from Cologne and 1h15min from Frankfurt (by train).
Attendee’s fee includes seminar attendance, coffee-breaks, lunch and beverages. Room is not included.
Early bird registration is available till September 20, 2013.
Early bird registration EUR 89, for group of 3+ attendees - EUR 79/person.
Regular price registration (after September 20, 2013) is EUR 109, for groups 3+ 99 eur/person.
There are limited seats, so please take your chance and register as soon as possible.