March to September 2011
The main thing I was doing was development, related with plugins (and therefore providers) - making them work stable with more friendly interfaces. This includes
- OS-independent timer interface
- delays before unloading plugins
- interface for distributed transactions coordinator
- reworked remote server to make it use the new API
- support of multiple providers and multiple security DBs in services.
Other interesting things:
- On posix systems firebird server now can work with any (at least between 3.0 and 4.7) version of international library - we need not force people to install a specific version of ICU any more.
- Optimized use of RAM when caching metadata in 2.5 (CORE-3560).
- Various ports (both 2.5 and trunk) were done / fixed. Can mention that 2.5 currently builds on all HW, supported by Debian, except one or two platforms missing threads and exceptions support. And stable freebsd port of 2.5, fully supported in bsd's ports collection.
I purposely (as was requested) do not provide full list of fixed errors because it's rather long.Alex Peshkov