Firebird Class 4 JCA-JDBC Driver Downloads
Jaybird 2.2.8 released, with the following fixes since Jaybird 2.2.7:
- Support for Java 5 has been dropped
- Fixed: LibreOffice doesn't display tables with more than 41 records (JDBC-383)
- Improvement: Don't use Firebird provided IP address for connecting event channel (JDBC-384)
Connection.getMetaData().getColumns result set contains wrong (empty)
COLUMN_DEF if column type was defined using domain (JDBC-388)
- Fixed: Unable to retrieve update count after result set (JDBC-390)
After executing a query that produces a result set, calling
getMoreResults will allow
getUpdateCount to actually return the update count where previously it always returned
-1. This also allows obtaining the update count after a select query (even when executed using
executeQuery). For selects the result will usually be
SELECT statements are processed for
getGeneratedKeys by appending
RETURNING (+ all columnnames) (JDBC-391)
- Fixed: Generated key grammar does not correctly handle quoted table names (JDBC-392)
- Fixed: Generated key grammar does not detect returning clause in update and delete (JDBC-393)
The following are known in issues in Jaybird 2.2.8 (and earlier):
- ResultSets opened with
CLOSE_CURSORS_AT_COMMIT aren't correctly closed on commit when auto-commit is off (JDBC-307)
FBEventManager with Firebird 3,
EMBEDDED) protocol and a Firebird 3 fbclient/fbembed can crash the JVM with an access violation (JDBC-398)
This list is not exhaustive, see the Jaybird tracker for a full list of open bugs.
See also the full Jaybird 2.2.8 release notes.
The release is also available on maven(*):
* The artifactId depends on your target Java version: jaybird-jdk18, jaybird-jdk17, or jaybird-jdk16
All released versions are available at GitHub.
For more details see Jaybird 2.1 JDBC driver Java Programmer's Manual.