Firebird Class 4 JCA-JDBC Driver Downloads
Jaybird 2.2.9 released, with the following fixes since Jaybird 2.2.8:
- Fixed: Result set of type
CLOSE_CURSORS_AT_COMMIT isn't correctly closed on commit (JDBC-307)
- Fixed: Open (output) blob in auto-commit prevents connection close. Fixed by fixing JDBC-307, see above. (JDBC-348)
- New feature (experimental): Use
isc_tpb_autocommit in auto commit mode (JDBC-399)
- Fixed: "Exception. couldn't close blob: org.firebirdsql.gds.GDSException: invalid BLOB handle" on close of connection obtained from DBCP data source. Fixed by fixing JDBC-307, see above. (JDBC-400)
getParameterMetaData() call throws exception when no input parameters provided when out parameter registered (JDBC-402)
ResultSetMetaData will now report
(VAR)CHAR CHARACTER SET OCTETS columns as
Types.VARBINARY when using
octetsAsBytes=true connection property. (JDBC-408)
The following are known in issues in Jaybird 2.2.9 (and earlier):
- Connecting to Firebird 2.5 and earlier with a Firebird 3
fbclient.dll may be slow with native connections, see CORE-4658. Workaround is to connect to the IPv4 address instead of the hostname.
This list is not exhaustive, see the Jaybird tracker for a full list of open bugs.
See also the full Jaybird 2.2.9 release notes.
The release is also available on maven(*):
* The artifactId depends on your target Java version: jaybird-jdk18, jaybird-jdk17, or jaybird-jdk16
All released versions are available at GitHub.
For more details see Jaybird 2.1 JDBC driver Java Programmer's Manual.